Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Gebhard Woods, I & M Canal State Parks

Gebhard Woods State Park, Morris, IL

 

I & M Canal State Trail the park with two names.  According to the Illinois DNR site, this park is the official trailhead of the canal trail.

 
 The actual canal is dry in Morris
 Distances on the I & M bike trail
 
 
 
 The tow path from the original I & M Canal is now a bike path
 
 
 
 
 
 Nettle Creek running north  and parallel to the I & M Canal in Morris
 








 





 



 

 
 
 Man made dam on the Du Page river
 Looking back at the lock  at the lock tender's house from the river's edge
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Part of the I & M trail path are paved, others gravel
 
 The restored lock tenders house & lock.  The two locks are no longer in use.
 View from bridge over the dam
 
 The second lock - straight back is where the lock tenders house is
 
 Rock Run Rookery Preserve, Will Country, IL

Cormorants sunning themselves
 


 Last of the summer wild flowers
 
 
 Berries for the bird in winter
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment