Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Oregon, IL Sculpture Trail

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Once the other RV ladies headed home, I stayed at Lowden SP for an additional night to bring Colt to the dealer for winterizing and warranty work.  I spent some of the day looking for the sculptures located around Oregon and just some other wanderings thru parks.

Makin' Hay by Daniel Ingebritson
The Bountiful Bench by Christine Murphy
Agriculture, Mother of Civilization by David Seagraves
The Soldier's Monument by Lorado Taft (dedicated in 1916) honors veterans from the Civil War, Spanish-American War, War of 1812, Mexican War, and WW I.
 
Paths of Conviction, Footsteps of Fate by Jeff Adams.  One side shows Abraham Lincoln.
 
The other side shows Black Hawk.
This little fountain was not part of the sculpture tour, but it was cute, showing 2 children hugging fish.
Solar Reef by Andrew Langoussis representing the sun.  Around it's perimeter are embellishments of landscape elements such as fields, hills and structures.
 
From the Waters Comes My Bounty by Ray Kobald located on the Rock River.
Some miscellaneous sites around town.  The spillway with Oregon in the background.
 
 
The only water fowl I found.  Canadian geese.
 
A last bit of Autumn color

The Black Hawk statue looking over the Rock River.  I'd guess about 3 stories tall.
View of the Rock River from the Black Hawk statue.
The camp hosts and I had the whole campground to ourselves on Sunday.

Zorro, a good camp dog.  Maybe watching a squirrel.
Lots of Oak trees.  I have no idea how some of the larger rigs get into the tight spots between trees.  My site was shown as a pull-through, but to follow the road in the correct direction was impossible due to trees on the road, so I just backed out the same way I parked.




No comments:

Post a Comment