Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Lake Renwick & Testing The New Toy

Although I've been happy with my Sony point & shoot camera, I bought a new Panasonic Lumix FZ70 for the better zoom when hiking (or should I say longer walks?) through state parks or wherever the Moving And Roaming Everywhere (MarE) vehicle takes me.  Did a quick 2 miles at Lake Renwick Heron reserve yesterday to test it out.

Sooooo many things to play with on this camera, but the zoom works good enough, but either I'm getting wobbly or the anti-shake needs some work.  I do like the panorama option too.

This section of the rookery in the reserve is closed April through August for breeding season.  Lake Renwick and the heron reserve are part of the Will County Forest Preserve District.

 Heron nests
 

Test of macro zoom

 
  
Zoom tests
 
 
 
 
Panorama tests - like!
 
Was so busy looking in the trees for birds (mostly robins and cardinals), did not see this guy watching me.  He stood there so long, I almost thought he was a statue. More zoom tests - still didn't zoom all the way in.  He was approximately 60 yards away.




Thought this was a female cardinal, but may be a cedar waxwing.

No comments:

Post a Comment