Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

The Never Ending Winter of 2013-2014

It's been a long and horrible winter. Snow then cold, then snow and so on.  It's the middle of April and the talk is of some snow showers again next week.  This is the never ending winter. 

To make the winter worse, I lost my girl Molly 2 months ago and still miss her every day and I think Zorro does also.  He is now staying closer to me and is starting to play with toys.  His idea of play is grab a toy and throw it in the air or at me.   He tries :-)  Unfortunately, my little buddy, is scheduled for surgery.  It may be skin cancer.  I'm trying to stay positive.  I don't want to loose him too so close to losing Molly.

As part of my plan to RV full time when, and if, I ever retire, I'm back to RV shopping.  Over the last 1 1/2 years, I've been focusing on Class C's or a small Class A, but at the Rosemont RV show, I walked into a travel trailer (TT) and loved it!   People said you'd know it when you see it.  I guess there is some truth to that. Also went to the Loves Park and Springfield shows over the last few weeks, and none have hit me like the little TT.

The TT is a Keystone Summerland 2020QB - a new model this year.  It's got just about everything on my 'would like to have' list except a motor! 

What I really liked were the large windows.  So much brighter and didn't look like a dark cave on the inside.  The only draw back is the little / square shower, I like the corner showers, but for the brightness of the windows, I would deal with the shower.

Leaning towards a TT instead of C or A means I need a new vehicle.  The Escape is only 2 years old and already has 70,000 miles on it.  Should I buy a truck now or later?  Looked at new and said the prices were crazy so started looking for used that didn't have 100,000+ miles on it.  Found one!  Great deal!  A 2012 F-150 with only 23,300 miles on it, and the perfect color. White of course.

Her name is Mar-E  for Moving And Roaming Everywhere.  She is my everyday vehicle and will take me on any excursions I go on.  In time, maybe in a year or two, Mar-E will have a little Colt (C (my first name) Own Little Trailer.  Corny I know, but since I doubt I'll ever have another horse, the names will have to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment