Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Ziplining in Marseilles

I can check zip lining off the bucket list!!

I saw an ad for zip lining in Marseilles a few weeks ago, then saw a billboard so I went to check it out.  Mentioned that I wanted to do this, and Gloria from work and her husband Brian wanted to go also, so we reserved our spots. 

We headed out to Marseilles on a overcast humid Saturday to Zip Chicago.  We only signed up for the short tour which consisted of 2 zips and 2 bridges that lasted an hour since weren't sure if we'd like it.  Now we want to go again!  A full tour is three hours for 8 zips.  The first zip starts from the second floor of the building, and then you zip through the trees from there on.

Gloria & Brian did really well.  Guess I can't steer, because I kept going backwards.

These are the two suspension bridges we had to walk across.   Twelve of us in the group walked to the platform and we all hooked up for safety.  Once we were all on the platform, we walked to the next platform for the second zip.  The entire time you are tethered to something, so very safe. I'd recommend everyone should try it.  Our group was actually very quiet - no screaming :-)
My first zip from the building into the tree canopy.
 The second bridge going to the second zip. 
 
The second zip back to the ground.


No comments:

Post a Comment